Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

central file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
vittete
606 Views, 3 Replies

central file

Hi everybody,

I have tried to make a central file on the dropbox, but it doesn't let me (in the dialog box the central file is grey so i can't even change it). Are there any other possible ways to make a central file so i could work with y collegue on the distance?

thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: vittete

You will need to have a location all users can connect to in the same manner; this is the only method it will work if you want to be able to work with the central file at the same time.

A similar post on using Dropbox:

http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2010/06/dropbox-and-project-sharing.html

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
vittete
in reply to: ryan.duell

Hi again,

I have a problem when i want to make my file as a central. When i save as new project, then change name of it and then in the options the button appears grey and doesn't let me make a central file, what should i do?

thanks again

Message 4 of 4
vittete
in reply to: vittete

hei, finaly i have created the central file and it seems to work, i can sync and my collegue as well, but we don't see each others changes. there are in common folder files named as conflicts. therefore i have no idea what to do. 

thanks for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report