I tried to move the toilet and lavatory to align with the 2d CAD file that has the fixtures layout.
But after I imported the CAD file, I can no longer snap to the end point of the fixtures to move. if I delete the imported CAD file, I can snap to the end points of the fixtures again. What's the reason of it?
When you are importing the CAD file, do you have the checkbox "Correct lines that are slightly off axis" checked?
To import the CAD file for the layout of the casework so that I can start inserting the casework family accordingly.
The box is checked.
There are a few things that could be tried to get a better idea of the scope of the issue:
- Make sure you have applied any updates available for Revit.
- Create a new 2d CAD file and import into project to see if the issue is with the imported CAD file.
- Create a new project and import the existing 2d CAD file to see if the issue is with the original project file.
- Check if the snapping issue is specific to one or more of the views in the project.
- Try exploding the 2D CAD file after importing it.
- See if you can snap to geometry other than the imported CAD file.
- See if you can snap to the geometry of the imported CAD file with different elements (from the toilet).
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.