Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cad link graphic override not working

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
nelly302
3337 Views, 7 Replies

cad link graphic override not working

Hi everyone,
i imported a cad link into revit 2010, now i went into visibility graphics, imported objects and overrided the line type and color of the cad link, however after applying the override the cad file does not change color or anything..it remains as imported initially.. anyone has any idea why this might be happening?
any help s greatly apreciated
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jkipfer1
in reply to: nelly302

I'm having the same problem. Did you find out what the problem is?
Message 3 of 8
nelly302

i dont know if this is the solution to that, but i think i just figured out something about those overrides on the visibility graphics.
once you import the cad link and you right click anywhere on the drawing you go into view properties and then click edit, on visibility graphics, when you change these settings in the imported categories, i believe these settings only affect the way things are plotted, but if you want to change the way things are displayed in your screen, then this is what you do.
import the cad link, once you have placed the cad link in the drawing, left click the actual link, meaning click on any line that belongs to that cad link, once its selected right click and now you should see an option that says "override graphics in view" select by element and this should allow you to change the color and line weight in which the cad link is displayed on your screen. ***make sure you click on the actual cad link" or else it wont work.
hope this helps.
Message 4 of 8
Jazzster11

have you overriden the individual layersin V/G Overrides or did you try to simply override the link itself? I've found that overriding the individual layers gives us the control and end results that we need.

- Alex
Message 5 of 8
nelly302

i tried to override the link and as single layers, with no success, the cad image on the screen did not change, which led me to believe that the overrides on vg only affects the way things are plotted and not displayed on the screen, the only way i managed to change the color and line weights of the cad link was by selecting the link, right click, and using the override options on that menu.
Message 6 of 8
Jazzster11

sorry, but I don't have an explanation for that. VG Overrides, for us at least, control how things are displayed in your view and how elements in that view are plotted. As far as I know (which isn't very far,) what you see in your view is what will plot from that view (except for crop boundaries and reference planes...)

Glad you found a workaround though.

- Alex
Message 7 of 8
Layne
in reply to: Jazzster11

I was using individual layer overrides in the Visibiltiy Graphics panel and it was not working!  The only way was to override the entire element which will work for today but is only a temporary solution.

Message 8 of 8
jcarson44SWA
in reply to: Layne

@AutoDesk should make the layer overrides more intuitive. I.E. if I want to override all the doors in an imported CAD rather than opening up all the subcategories and selecting them, I can just select the main category.  It is SO wierd that I can do that with Halftone, but then override all line types I have to select EVERY layer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report