Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add a leader to a symbol, no text

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cchong
1265 Views, 1 Reply

add a leader to a symbol, no text

I have created a symbol with text attributes that I could modify. In this case the symbol is a "EWA" (exterior wall assembly) that I intend to add arrowhead leaders at four directions to indicate the extent of the wall type on a building elevation.

Is that a way to add a leader with arrowhead (with no text) to the symbol after I placed the symbol on the view? I do NOT want any extra text to associate with the leader. Just a plain, straight leader as graphical element that I could move, rotate and stretch. The result should look something like this:

<----------(symbol)---------------->
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: cchong

There a few ways to get a leader with no text..... However from what you describe you need to look at your symbol family. If it was made as a generic annotation, your symbol should have the option for adding leaders, just add 4 leaders and position them as desired. Look at the keynote family as a good example. hth, Z "cchong" wrote in message news:7785035.1102538957101.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have created a symbol with text attributes that I could modify. In this case the symbol is a "EWA" (exterior wall assembly) that I intend to add arrowhead leaders at four directions to indicate the extent of the wall type on a building elevation. > > Is that a way to add a leader with arrowhead (with no text) to the symbol after I placed the symbol on the view? I do NOT want any extra text to associate with the leader. Just a plain, straight leader as graphical element that I could move, rotate and stretch. The result should look something like this: > > <----------(symbol)---------------->

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report