Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worksets

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tjclapsaddle
1385 Views, 7 Replies

Worksets

I'm getting an error message when I try and change a workset to make it editable.

It says, "Revit could not save all the worksets that have been changed. Try setting the status of the worksets again. If the problem persits, contact Autodesk Support."

I'm trying to get 4 people access to work on one project. This is the only error message that is holding us back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tjclapsaddle
in reply to: tjclapsaddle

I am a student at a high school. We are not sure if it is administration problem or something that we are doing wrong.

~Tyler
Message 3 of 8
LisaDrago

Hello and Welcome to the Discussion!

So.. Lets start with how you set up the worksets and the central file.

You started a project and then started worksets - correct?

You created a few more and then saved the file as a central file - correct?

You got out of the Central file and created a new local file - Correct? (you never work in the central file!)

Went back into worksets and changed them to NO under editable and then saved and sync'ed to the central?

Then went back into the worksets and tried to change one of the worksets to editable and that is when you got the message?

Have you tried working with all the worksets non-editable? It is a bit of an oxymoron - because everything is editable - you just are not an owner of a specific workset, you are a borrower. Everything still works correctly - as soon as you edit an element it is locked down and no one else can edit it until you relinquish it when you sync to the central.

Let us know how it goes..

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 4 of 8
tjclapsaddle
in reply to: LisaDrago

Yes, I have done everything you have suggested. I went to another computer in the classroom and opened the central file and saved it as a local file on that computer with another file name. I then went to change the status of the workset for our Level 1 from yes to no and that is where I got the error message.

I cannot save the file to central either. A message keeps coming up saying that it is either read-only or opened by another person.

Thanks for your help,

Tyler

Message 5 of 8
LisaDrago

Is there only one user right now? you setting it up?

You each have a unique user name - or log in name?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 6 of 8
tjclapsaddle
in reply to: LisaDrago

We got it to work. It had to deal with who had rights to the file where the central file was stored. 

Thanks for all your help,

Tyler

Message 7 of 8
LisaDrago

I am glad you were able to figure it out!

LD

Message 8 of 8
krischanbaek

We met the same problem. Could you tell me how did you solve it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report