Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wood Wall Styles?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
West1977
547 Views, 4 Replies

Wood Wall Styles?

Are there any wood wall styles in Revit?  Or do these have to be created from scratch?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cvandevere
in reply to: West1977

Wall types are extremely easy to create just start with an existing type that is similar to what you're looking for, duplicate it then modify it to your needs. FYI also depending on what template (commercial or residential) you start with there are a few different ones already associated with each template. ie residential has one with wood studs while the commercial one has one with metal studs.

CDV
Message 3 of 5
West1977

after looking all morning then just deciding to use a different wall style (for now since I'm a newbie) this answers exactly what I was looking for.  I've found the wall style under the residential template.  thanks so much for your response!  i guess the question now would be...Is there anyway to incorpoate this wall style in to my already existing model on a commercial template.  i know in CAD it's as simple as copy from one drawing into another but i can't seem to find a way to copy from one drawing and paste into the other.  Thanks again.

Message 4 of 5
loboarch

Copy paste will work in Revit too.  Open both projects and then on the Modify tab of the ribbon you will find the copy/paste commands.  Ctrl+C and CRT+V works too.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 5
cvandevere

Yes, in Revit you can copy a wall from one project and paste it in another. It is on the modify tab under clipboard/ copy, paste , etc. You can also use transfer project settings under the manage tab. There you can copy all the wall types from one project to another this is especially useful if you have created number of different wall types.

CDV

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report