Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wood Framing Wall Extenion & Schedule!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AceDesignDrafting
608 Views, 1 Reply

Wood Framing Wall Extenion & Schedule!!!

I'm useing Revit 2014 and am trying to offer a new service for my clients.  I do residential housing and would like to give them a material take off for their lumber needs.  When I use the extension on a wall, the studs all come out with different, cut length.  All the vertical studs should be set to the same cut length for the plate hight there cut at.  Granted my top and bottom plates are in this but I have 1,831 listed studs ranging from 1/32" to 57'-8".  The plat hight through the entire house, including the garage, is 10'-1".  How can I get my schedule to reflect top sill, bottom sill, window sills, headers, and vertical stud lengths?  That's the only things the contractors really want to see. 

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I am faced with the same issue. I am currently using a truss and wall panel software (see attached screenshot) to create a material list that can be exported out to Revit. Have you found a better way of doing this with the wood wall extenion?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report