Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window tag orientation

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
autoMick
586 Views, 0 Replies

Window tag orientation

Following on from this thread about how to tag windows... http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Labeling-windows/td-p/4675205. I've decided to use a shared parameter 'window code' which is used by the window family as well as the tag family.

I'm running into a problem with tag orientation. What I am trying to achieve is to have the window code tag (in this case '1818DH') rotate with the window so that it is always on the exterior and always offset away from the wall. The text can be either upside down or not with respect to the exterior face of the wall - I don't care about that.

I have 'rotate with component' checked in the tag family however, the diagram below shows that I'm not achieving what I want. I know I could manually drag/rotate the tags, but I want to be able to do it automatically. (The word 'exterior' in the pic is part of the window family just to show that the windows are all placed correctly).

Is there a way to edit a window or tag family, so that a tag will always be consistently placed?

tags.PNG

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report