Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Window family issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alex60
301 Views, 4 Replies

Window family issue

Hi all, I am doing a window family and am having problems with the Head Height and the Sill Height. I have deleted the Sill Height parameter in the family, but when I enter the window in a project, the Sill Height instant parameter  is in the property window and don't know how to delete it. This parameter is moving the window from its original position in the family. Is there a way to manage this issue? See the attached image.

Thanks in advance, Alex

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gustavomello
in reply to: alex60

Only thing i can think of is that you havenĀ“t attached the bottom of your window to the "sill" ref plane which is the one that controls the sill height of your window. When you create a window in the project it gets a sill height parameter which isn't the same you deleted in the family, this one controls the height inside the project, while the family parameter refers only to the family editor (there is more to it but is subject for another post). Since your window is independent of the ref plane, it stays in the height in which it was built, and, this way the head height goes wrong too, indicating only the window's height when the sill is set to zero (as in your case).

Hope that helps and my english is clear enough,

Gustavo

Message 3 of 5
subhra_civil

Hi,

Can you please send me your window family Revit file? So that i can find out the exact problem in your family.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

kolkata

India

Message 4 of 5
Alisder.Brown

Just curious, why would you NOT want to control the sill height of a window?

Could you share your family so we can have a look please šŸ™‚

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 5 of 5
alex60
in reply to: gustavomello

Hi all, thanks for your answeres. I was searching this blog and find out a solution to this issue. We are deleting the openning in the family and using two diferente voids for wrapping the wall layer. This makes  Revit lose the reference origin so the solution is to select the lower reference plane called Sill and give the reference Bottom and select the box as Origin. This has solved the problem.

Thanks, for all of you, Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report