Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Placement

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ljhudson
1954 Views, 3 Replies

Window Placement

I am using revit 2014. and trying to figure out how do I control the placement of a window into a wall.

by default all windows are aligned at the center of the total wall. For this partical study, I want the window to be placed at the core center, how am I able to do this?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ljhudson

quickest answer would be to check the window family for either an instance or type parameter that might be 'offset' or 'frame setback'.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ljhudson

Which window are you placing ?

Usually the location of the window frame relative to the wall is set in the family parameters - so that you have some flexibility in setting it to the way you want.

Taking the standard "Sgl Plain" - if you select the window and "Edit Type" - there is a parameter "FrameOffset-External" - you can change that value to suit the wall build up that you have.

In some cases, window families are set to centre the frame to the centre of the wall in the make-up of the family itself, rather than allow it as a parameter - if this is the case, you will have to edit the family itself.

Martin

Message 4 of 4
ljhudson
in reply to: Anonymous

Its someones custom window, and it does not have it.. do one of the standard windows have this parameter?

that way I can see it and copy it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report