Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window / Door U-value, VT in schedules

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
HVAC-Novice
1563 Views, 2 Replies

Window / Door U-value, VT in schedules

It seems windows and doors have Energy Analysis Parameters, like SHGC, VT, U-value. I'm able to assign the value in the family and this value also shows on the properties of the element when I select it in the project.

The problem I have when I put these values in the schedule, they don't show anything (everything else I schedule shows as usual). Is there something specific with those values?

Will Revit actually use those U-values etc. for the gbXML export?

The alternative would be to create shared parameters and call them U-value etc. This is easy to schedule, but I fear I give up functionality if I could use that for fancy load calcs etc. Ultimately my goal is to properly schedule them so the contractor doesn't give me thermally inferior products.

Revit version: R2024.2
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

I still haven't figured itout. But reading on this paramter explanation, makes me think the the U-values etc. are family parameters that don't show in schedules. Weird that the schedule lets me chose them.

I also wonder what Revit uses those for? It seems I can change them. Maybe I try to render some interiors to see if different Visible Transmittance makes a difference with daylighting?

Message 3 of 3
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

I think I kind of give up on actually doing anything with these built-in U-values etc.

In a different thread I tried a different workaround and found one and just won't use the Revit U-values anymore for actual calcaultion. I just manually enter what I need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report