Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will these laptops run Revit Architecture decently (~100MB)?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
428 Views, 1 Reply

Will these laptops run Revit Architecture decently (~100MB)?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could examine the specifications of the following Amazon laptop listings. I need a new laptop for architecture school, and I already have a desktop for main work. This laptop would be for studying, working, and general procrastination at the local coffeeshop, but I'd also like to do light Revit work for an approximately, say, 50-100MB file model. While I'm at it, it should also run the Adobe Creative Suite.

Form factor is important; I've lugged 7lb laptops before, and it wasn't enjoyable. Thin and light is preferable.

I'm very illiterate when it comes to tech, and some help would be great. If you have suggestions other than the following listings, feel free to post them. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088L18FE/ref=gno_cart_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00863L2MI/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AG6LU73L3IQ3K

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

Both are OK, but Revit isn't going to run as smoothly as you'd like, especially if your models are in the 50-100 MB range (or larger).  I'd recommend upgrading to Windows 7 Pro (or Windows 8, if you'd like) and at least 8 GB of RAM (16 would be ideal).

As long as you aren't using them to do renderings, you should be fine, and either (especially with the upgrades above) would be more than sufficient for the Adobe Creative Suite.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report