Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I add casework families to a sheet

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cwby44
1474 Views, 3 Replies

Why can't I add casework families to a sheet

Ok I have hit a wall.  I am trying to take a countertop that I have in this bathroom remodel floor plan and place it onto a separate sheet so that I can send it out for pricing.  I created a new sheet "countertop details"  However, it is not letting me add it - I keep getting this warning "Can't create this kind of element in this view in the current mode."  I know the answer is in one of the parameters but I am still trying to get used to this program and teaching myself. 

Can this even be done?  I want to do the same thing for all of my casework as well.  I just hope that I don't have to draw everything again.

Thanks for the help

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
XeroPhane
in reply to: cwby44

If I understand your goal correctly, you might need to create a Legend (View tab, Create panel, Legend) view, go to the Annotate tab and place a Legend component (under Component) of the countertop and place that legend where you want it. Note, however, that you can typically only place plan or elevation views of components in legends. Or what is sometimes helpful is to create a duplicate view (plan, section, elevation or 3D) of the object (Isolate Element) and place that on a sheet. If you're trying to place the countertop component itself directly on the sheet, then that won't work. You'll need one of the above suggestions to get you there. Let me know if you'd like some images to demonstrate.
Message 3 of 4
cwby44
in reply to: XeroPhane

Thanks a ton - that worked great. I wish I had asked you guys this morning when I started instead of being bull-headed and trying to figure it out myself.

Thanks again
Message 4 of 4
XeroPhane
in reply to: cwby44

Anytime! LOL hey I understand... I've been there and still put myself in that boat often!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report