Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I go from here

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JolantaJ
171 Views, 1 Reply

Where do I go from here

We all like when things go smoothly at work. When job ( drawings) get done well and on time.

What I see on job sites, employer require people to know  a few software's. Almost always I see add for Autocad and Revit together .I used to help people at work with autocad and know how difficult is to teach people new tricks...or new options.Some of them newer got it how to make blocks or use layers....

I have 17 years of full time experience using Autocad 2d and 3d in custom furniture and Interior design sector.

Got laid off 9 months ago, can'f find a job. I'm 46- with not too mach time to waist. I started to learn Revit (love it)  @ the same time I am not sure to which extents Revit is being used in Interior Design . I also spent some time on Inventor and Solidworks. I like them both as well.

Autocad is very  good but those new parametric software are  way to go in furniture business .

It looks most Wood manufacturers are using  Autocad  and either Inventor or Solidworks.

I need help.Where do I go from here.  What do I learn...which way to go so in 5 years I have job....

I think more people have question like this. 

regards

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: JolantaJ

Well, I would say, continue learning Revit. When I started looking at Revit, I was working in New Jersey, and we were using Architectural Desktop. That was probably in the year 2002. I remember that sometimes I used to browse Monster.com to see if there were any jobs requesting Revit skills, in New Jersey, and I found nothing, so I had to set Monster.com to look in the whole United States, and even like that, I was lucky if I found 3 or 4 classifieds with the Revit keyword. Today, a decade later, is hard to find classifieds for architectural firms NOT requesting Revit skills.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report