Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to add site plans to title blocks?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
927 Views, 2 Replies

What is the best way to add site plans to title blocks?

I'm trying to create a titleblock family that has an image or dwg of my site. The easy way to do this is save a new family and import a cad file or jpg of the site plan.

However, I'd like to avoid creating a new titleblock family for each project with a new imported site image.

I thought I would be able to just make the image's "Loaded from file" address an editable field that could be updated in the project info like all the other parameters, but it doesn't seem to be possible.

Any ideas on solving this problem? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You're gonna use the same site plan on every project?

Also the images on a titleblock are thumbnail size, like

a logo or something.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey, thanks for the response. Sorry, after looking around online I realize I meant key plan. 

What I was trying to create acts similar to the labels on the title block where I can update a field in project info and the address of keyplan.jpg will update.

The idea was that I could have one title block family that works for every new project.

This also doesn't really help with the multiple area key plan: http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2011/10/revit-key-plans-more-detail.html 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report