Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to make paper or balsa model using 2-d printer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
262 Views, 2 Replies

Want to make paper or balsa model using 2-d printer

Hello, I an a beginning revit user.  I used a professional architect to design a beautiful house for us and construction begins in Spring.

I would like to make a scale model out of paper or balsa.  I have Revit Architecture 2011 and Revit Structure 2011. I also downloaded STL thinking that would help but I have no idea how to put the right images out to my printer so I can use them for scale patterns. 

Can someone give me a step by step list of things to do?

I am good with computers, drawing, math and geometry but the richness of Revit has me lost.

Thanks,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

I would say that 3 basic things you need to learn is know how to:

2) Switch to different views (or create new) (plans, elevations, and sections)

1) Use the "glasses" icon to isolate the objects that you need to print.

3) Print to scale

With these things, you could simply switch from view to view in your house model, isolate the elements that you need (floor, walls, etc)., print them out to scale on paper, glue the sheets to the board or balsa, cut and glue!

Have fun.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you Alfredo,

I will give it a try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report