Revit Architecture

Phil T
Message 1 of 3 (79 Views)

Wall skins pattern

79 Views, 2 Replies
07-19-2004 09:35 PM
Hi, I am a newbie so go easy. I have searched high and low but cannot find how to nominate hatch patterns for walls in plan view when there is more than one skin. ie. brick / cavity / stud. i want say a brick hatch for the brick and a shade for the stud but don't want to draw separate elements on plan. Please help put me out of my misery.

Thanks
*Henry Dearborn
Message 2 of 3 (79 Views)

Re: Wall skins pattern

07-20-2004 04:35 AM in reply to: Phil T
Go to the element properties dialogue box of the wall and then go to edit, edit structure, and then select the material you want to show with a hatch pattern. Select the type hatch you want under cut pattern (i.e. diagonal up-small for brick), for each wall component you want to have a pattern for. Set your detail level to fine, and your different components should show different hatches. Phil T wrote: > Hi, I am a newbie so go easy. I have searched high and low but cannot find how to nominate hatch patterns for walls in plan view when there is more than one skin. ie. brick / cavity / stud. i want say a brick hatch for the brick and a shade for the stud but don't want to draw separate elements on plan. Please help put me out of my misery. > > Thanks
Phil T
Message 3 of 3 (79 Views)

Re: Wall skins pattern

07-20-2004 08:23 PM in reply to: Phil T
thanks for that Henry. Worked fine.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube