Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall schedules/quantities by level

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
thuzz
7572 Views, 7 Replies

Wall schedules/quantities by level

Hello,

I wonder why the schedule parameter "level" doesnt exist in the list of available fields when I try to list the walls and columns in my project (two different schedules).

For all other objekts in the project (e.g. floors, windows and doors) I can choose "level" as a field and sort objects by level.

The walls are modeled as seperate objects for each floor.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
aghis_no
in reply to: thuzz

I never understood why, but this is not possible… just reed this blog article and
wait for the addin by case http://autodesk-revit.blogspot.fr/2012/11/cant-schedule-wall-constraint-part-2.html

!!!!

Message 3 of 8
msalem

We were discussing this few days ago, and what we came up with here in office is pretty simple and manual entry. Just open each level, select all walls visible in view & change the value of comments or any other custom property to "Level x".

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 8
Va3ilem

Years away ....

Use Filter by Base Constraint

Message 5 of 8
chrisplyler

Walls and Columns both have the parameter Base Constraint. It should substitute for your desired Level info in most cases. If you schedule it, you can even change the name of the schedule column header to "Level" if you want.

Message 6 of 8
ToanDN

Zombie thread. It could be that the question was asked for an older version, when Base Constraint Parameter was not available in a wall schedule.
Message 7 of 8
chrisplyler
in reply to: ToanDN

Oh. I'm too stupid to look at the dates of posts.

How's your bike???

Message 8 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: chrisplyler

Still ride-able.  With duct tapes and zip ties everywhere of course.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report