Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall roof window joint problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
elina.hyvamaki
720 Views, 4 Replies

Wall roof window joint problem

In the file attached, there's a wall roof window joint showing the following problem: It seems like the window interferes with the joint, so that it isn't right, if the window is not situated higher than the roof slab. In the picture, the joint on the left side is correct, but the ones on the left are incorrect. Any idea what's causing this, and what might help?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

try this:

in Floor Plan, select the Roof >Edit Footprint >drag the right edge of the sketch to be in the concrete area ( as shown by the two red arrows). 

Image 234.png

Image 232.png

Image 233.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for answering! Now I remember, that I originally made the roof footprint like in your example. Otherwise the joint is fine that way, but the insulation of the wall disappears, when the top surfaces of the roof and the other slab are at the same height. I attached another file, that illustrates what I mean: In the right side of the picture, I lowered the roof slab, and then the insulation of the wall is visible. On the left side joint the tops of the slabs are on the same height, and the wall insulation is gone...

Message 4 of 5

You are right indeed , but this can be solved with a small trick.

1. First align the upper floor with upper roof layer,
  2. then make a Reference Plane paralel with the interior floor at a very small distance , in my case 0,5 mm , but not 0,0....
  3. Align the bottom of the window with the Reference Plane....at this small distance the shown dimension will be 0,00

Image 238.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the tip! It does look right that way.:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report