Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall roof joint

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
elina.hyvamaki
1948 Views, 2 Replies

Wall roof joint

I've attached a picture of a wall roof joint, where I would like the concrete core of the roof to meet the concrete core of the wall. I know I could do this view-specifically by "Cut Profile" tool. However, my question is: Is there any way to do this in actual 3D? So that the joint would look the same also in other sections?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If the materials are the same, they join by simply using "Join Geometry". Even if it is floor to wall, or roof to wall, they join.

If that does not give you exactly what you need, you might considering using "parts" or, as a last resource, creating the components of roof, floor, or wall as individual elements.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for your answer! It's great to know about the "Parts" tool, because I can use that, if "Join Geometry" doesn't work. I did try the "Join Geometry" tool before posting my question, but it seems like a window interferes with the joint, so that it doesn't do it right, if the window is not situated higher than the roof slab. In the file attached, the joint on the left side is correct, but the ones on the left are incorrect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report