Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall profile

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jenb
131 Views, 1 Reply

Wall profile

Is there a way that one can edit the profile of a wall in plan view? I often have angled walls joining with straight ones and Revit then joins them in a structured way while I would like to keep a corner on the one wall. I also have niches with angles sides and if I edit profile in elevation view Revit cuts these sides straight. Does someone know of a better way than to create a tiny extrusion or sweep?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Jenb

For niches, I'd do a niche family for small niches. For larger ones I'd do 3 walls. The right side of the niche. The left side. Then the soffit wall above. This allows you to use the wall join tool with "square off" Or make an opening family using a generic wall hosted family. This will let you cut intricate voids in the wall. "Jenb" wrote in message news:7794888.1103058699247.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is there a way that one can edit the profile of a wall in plan view? I often have angled walls joining with straight ones and Revit then joins them in a structured way while I would like to keep a corner on the one wall. I also have niches with angles sides and if I edit profile in elevation view Revit cuts these sides straight. Does someone know of a better way than to create a tiny extrusion or sweep?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report