Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall material width locked?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
eew203
6406 Views, 6 Replies

Wall material width locked?

I am trying to change the wall assembly of my foundations (getting rid of a layer of EIFS) and it won't let me delete the layer or change the width (although I can change it into an airbarier). Is there any way to control what parts of the wall are locked in the "edit assembly" window?

I am very new to Revit and am using a student version, I'm nt sure if that changes things. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ccollins
in reply to: eew203

I'm not sure why you can't delete the EIFS layer.

Try creating a new Wall Type--select a Generic Wall (or other) and Duplicate it, rename it, then try editing the structure.

Does this work?

Or--if you have a simple wall type (concrete with no EIFS) already, place it in the project, then use Match Properties

from it to the wall that you can't change/edit.

If none of that works, please copy/paste the wall into a blank Revit project (.rvt file) and post it here.

Good luck!

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 7
eew203
in reply to: ccollins

Thanks! That worked perfectly! I don't know what I did to get it locked in the beginning. 

Message 4 of 7
jmackniak

First slect and highlight the Insert tab. It will shade blue and the delete tab will become active. Select the layer you wish to delete.

Message 5 of 7
lovebunnysarah

Hi Guys

I am having a problem with my Revit 2013.

when i select the wall i wish to edit and click <edit type>, i then duplicate it and would like to change the wall width but it is grayed out and wnt let me change it?! i have done this many times in Revit wihtout a problem until now. Why is this and how can i sort it out? 

i would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

thanks

Panicked student.

p.s there is an image attached of how it looks.

Message 6 of 7

lovebunnysarah,

You forgot to attatch an image. But don't worry about it. You're looking at the Type Properties for a wall, and you see that the Width parameter is grayed out and unchangable. That's because it is a calculated value. It's calculated according to the layers you establish when you edit the wall structure. Look up above the width parameter to the very first parameter. It's called Structure. Click on the button to the right of it that says Edit.

Message 7 of 7

Hi chrisplyler

I eventually figured that out through endless fiddling, hehe.

Thank you though

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report