Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall and roof junctions

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
chris_pitt
745 Views, 2 Replies

Wall and roof junctions

Hi

I'm modelling a simple building with a zinc clad roof and gable walls and I'm having difficulties getting it to look as I want (it does need to work properly in 3D).

Attached is a PDF that shows where I've got to.  At the moment the roof effectively oversails the wall which isn't what I want.  Ideally the wall finish needs to connect to the roof finish (they do have matching material and function assignments), so on elevation the standing seam continues up to the top edge of the roof, not the bottom as drawn.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates 

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

as I understood you well you want to have a wall that goes to the upper face of the roof not to stop under the roof...

I solved that problem with a small trick :

In elevation view (as in you image) I make a second Roof by Extrusion over the existing roof . This roof is a thin , ghost element and I made a type especialy for this . The wall will be attached not to the first existing roof but to the ghost roof.

Finaly I hide the ghost roof but the wall will stay cut... I have to hide the ghost roof in every view I print....this can be done also by assigning a transparent material......or a view template...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for that.

Following a bit more thought last night I came to a similar conclusion (I was going to have the final finish as a separate roof).  It just doesn't feel a very elegant solution, but work rounds never are.

Regards

Christopher Alan PItt

Frank Shaw Associates

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report