Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (1,012 Views)
Accepted Solution

Wall Sweep to Follow Wall Profile

1012 Views, 3 Replies
04-12-2012 01:17 PM

Hello All,

I was wondering if there is a way to get a wall sweep that's set up in the type/structure properties to follow a wall if that walls profile has changed.  For example, in the image below, I've split the wall and adjusted it's profile to create some cheesy angled parapet.  How do i get my wall cap to follow along?  I thought splitting it and changing it's height would work, but no.  And if I change the profile without splitting the wall the wall cap just runs right through the wall, as if the profiel was never even changed.  I have no idea how to do this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Angled Wall.jpg 
Thanks,
~Wes~

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 4 (1,011 Views)

Re: Wall Sweep to Follow Wall Profile

04-12-2012 01:21 PM in reply to: oihadsf

You can't use a built-in sweep on a Profile Edited wall.

You can use an in-place family, or a Roof by Extrusion as an alternative method.

You might also try using a Line-Based Family, with a loaded Profile.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Active Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (1,007 Views)

04-12-2012 01:25 PM in reply to: ccollins

Cliff,

Thanks for the quick response.  I was afraid that would be the answer.  I'll look into the other options you've posted and give them a try.

Thanks,

~Wes~ 

Valued Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (902 Views)

05-09-2012 03:24 PM in reply to: oihadsf

In-place families work really well for this situation.  I think The Revit Kid had a different method on his blog using reference planes, but in-place families are super easy.  Only advantage to his method was the sweep actually changed when the reference plane changed, but its a lot of work and I never got it to work successfully myself.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube