Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Sweep to Follow Wall Profile

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wkohn
3356 Views, 3 Replies

Wall Sweep to Follow Wall Profile

Hello All,

I was wondering if there is a way to get a wall sweep that's set up in the type/structure properties to follow a wall if that walls profile has changed.  For example, in the image below, I've split the wall and adjusted it's profile to create some cheesy angled parapet.  How do i get my wall cap to follow along?  I thought splitting it and changing it's height would work, but no.  And if I change the profile without splitting the wall the wall cap just runs right through the wall, as if the profiel was never even changed.  I have no idea how to do this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Angled Wall.jpg 
Thanks,
~Wes~

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ccollins
in reply to: wkohn

You can't use a built-in sweep on a Profile Edited wall.

You can use an in-place family, or a Roof by Extrusion as an alternative method.

You might also try using a Line-Based Family, with a loaded Profile.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 4
wkohn
in reply to: ccollins

Cliff,

Thanks for the quick response.  I was afraid that would be the answer.  I'll look into the other options you've posted and give them a try.

Thanks,

~Wes~ 

Message 4 of 4
sgoodmansen
in reply to: wkohn

In-place families work really well for this situation.  I think The Revit Kid had a different method on his blog using reference planes, but in-place families are super easy.  Only advantage to his method was the sweep actually changed when the reference plane changed, but its a lot of work and I never got it to work successfully myself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report