Revit Architecture

*Rob Starz
Message 1 of 4 (507 Views)

Wall Sweep Families

507 Views, 3 Replies
01-05-2004 06:55 AM
I have over 150 foam extrusion profiles that I have setup in Revit an I am trying to create a Wall Sweep family for each one so when a user loads the library they can just add the wall sweep using this profile. It seems that users must go then and create a new type for the wall sweep and select the loaded profile. I create a type in the family but it doesn't load. Is there an easier way to do this so once loaded the sweep is usable. -- Rob Starz Stardsign cad solutions www.stardsign.com
*Rob Starz
Message 2 of 4 (507 Views)

Re: Wall Sweep Families

01-05-2004 08:50 AM in reply to: *Rob Starz
figured it out. -- Rob Starz Stardsign cad solutions www.stardsign.com ADTcadPacX4 now available for ADT 2004 www.stardsign.com/adtcadpacx.htm "Rob Starz" wrote in message news:3ff97ae2$1_3@statler... > I have over 150 foam extrusion profiles that I have setup in Revit an I am > trying to create a Wall Sweep family for each one so when a user loads the > library they can just add the wall sweep using this profile. It seems that > users must go then and create a new type for the wall sweep and select the > loaded profile. I create a type in the family but it doesn't load. > > Is there an easier way to do this so once loaded the sweep is usable. > > -- > Rob Starz > Stardsign cad solutions > www.stardsign.com > >
*Richard M. Piacente
Message 3 of 4 (507 Views)

01-13-2004 07:26 AM in reply to: *Rob Starz
Rob, I am having the same problem. How did you solve it?? Rick Piacente "Rob Starz" wrote in message news:3ff995e4$1_2@statler... > figured it out. > > -- > Rob Starz > Stardsign cad solutions > www.stardsign.com > ADTcadPacX4 now available for ADT 2004 > www.stardsign.com/adtcadpacx.htm > "Rob Starz" wrote in message > news:3ff97ae2$1_3@statler... > > I have over 150 foam extrusion profiles that I have setup in Revit an I am > > trying to create a Wall Sweep family for each one so when a user loads the > > library they can just add the wall sweep using this profile. It seems > that > > users must go then and create a new type for the wall sweep and select the > > loaded profile. I create a type in the family but it doesn't load. > > > > Is there an easier way to do this so once loaded the sweep is usable. > > > > -- > > Rob Starz > > Stardsign cad solutions > > www.stardsign.com > > > > > >
*Rob Starz
Message 4 of 4 (507 Views)

01-14-2004 07:03 PM in reply to: *Rob Starz
Bring the profile into a file. Create a wall (any length) then add a wall sweep to it. Edit the wall sweep and duplicate the sweep type. Name it and set the correct profile. Exit the dialog and the profile should look fine. Make sure all your parameters and types are set. Save the file and if you want users to utilize the wall sweep profile they open the file that contains the profile it and then transfer families from this file to the new one. Not simple but it helps set them up and ready to use. Hope this helps. Sorry if I didn't use the correct terminology. I don't have Revit open. -- Rob Starz Stardsign cad solutions www.stardsign.com "Richard M. Piacente" wrote in message news:40040fa6$1_1@statler... > Rob, > > I am having the same problem. How did you solve it?? > > Rick Piacente > > "Rob Starz" wrote in message > news:3ff995e4$1_2@statler... > > figured it out. > > > > -- > > Rob Starz > > Stardsign cad solutions > > www.stardsign.com > > ADTcadPacX4 now available for ADT 2004 > > www.stardsign.com/adtcadpacx.htm > > "Rob Starz" wrote in message > > news:3ff97ae2$1_3@statler... > > > I have over 150 foam extrusion profiles that I have setup in Revit an I > am > > > trying to create a Wall Sweep family for each one so when a user loads > the > > > library they can just add the wall sweep using this profile. It seems > > that > > > users must go then and create a new type for the wall sweep and select > the > > > loaded profile. I create a type in the family but it doesn't load. > > > > > > Is there an easier way to do this so once loaded the sweep is usable. > > > > > > -- > > > Rob Starz > > > Stardsign cad solutions > > > www.stardsign.com > > > > > > > > > > > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube