Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Sweep Families

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1632 Views, 3 Replies

Wall Sweep Families

I have over 150 foam extrusion profiles that I have setup in Revit an I am trying to create a Wall Sweep family for each one so when a user loads the library they can just add the wall sweep using this profile. It seems that users must go then and create a new type for the wall sweep and select the loaded profile. I create a type in the family but it doesn't load. Is there an easier way to do this so once loaded the sweep is usable. -- Rob Starz Stardsign cad solutions www.stardsign.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

figured it out. -- Rob Starz Stardsign cad solutions www.stardsign.com ADTcadPacX4 now available for ADT 2004 www.stardsign.com/adtcadpacx.htm "Rob Starz" wrote in message news:3ff97ae2$1_3@statler... > I have over 150 foam extrusion profiles that I have setup in Revit an I am > trying to create a Wall Sweep family for each one so when a user loads the > library they can just add the wall sweep using this profile. It seems that > users must go then and create a new type for the wall sweep and select the > loaded profile. I create a type in the family but it doesn't load. > > Is there an easier way to do this so once loaded the sweep is usable. > > -- > Rob Starz > Stardsign cad solutions > www.stardsign.com > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Rob, I am having the same problem. How did you solve it?? Rick Piacente "Rob Starz" wrote in message news:3ff995e4$1_2@statler... > figured it out. > > -- > Rob Starz > Stardsign cad solutions > www.stardsign.com > ADTcadPacX4 now available for ADT 2004 > www.stardsign.com/adtcadpacx.htm > "Rob Starz" wrote in message > news:3ff97ae2$1_3@statler... > > I have over 150 foam extrusion profiles that I have setup in Revit an I am > > trying to create a Wall Sweep family for each one so when a user loads the > > library they can just add the wall sweep using this profile. It seems > that > > users must go then and create a new type for the wall sweep and select the > > loaded profile. I create a type in the family but it doesn't load. > > > > Is there an easier way to do this so once loaded the sweep is usable. > > > > -- > > Rob Starz > > Stardsign cad solutions > > www.stardsign.com > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Bring the profile into a file. Create a wall (any length) then add a wall sweep to it. Edit the wall sweep and duplicate the sweep type. Name it and set the correct profile. Exit the dialog and the profile should look fine. Make sure all your parameters and types are set. Save the file and if you want users to utilize the wall sweep profile they open the file that contains the profile it and then transfer families from this file to the new one. Not simple but it helps set them up and ready to use. Hope this helps. Sorry if I didn't use the correct terminology. I don't have Revit open. -- Rob Starz Stardsign cad solutions www.stardsign.com "Richard M. Piacente" wrote in message news:40040fa6$1_1@statler... > Rob, > > I am having the same problem. How did you solve it?? > > Rick Piacente > > "Rob Starz" wrote in message > news:3ff995e4$1_2@statler... > > figured it out. > > > > -- > > Rob Starz > > Stardsign cad solutions > > www.stardsign.com > > ADTcadPacX4 now available for ADT 2004 > > www.stardsign.com/adtcadpacx.htm > > "Rob Starz" wrote in message > > news:3ff97ae2$1_3@statler... > > > I have over 150 foam extrusion profiles that I have setup in Revit an I > am > > > trying to create a Wall Sweep family for each one so when a user loads > the > > > library they can just add the wall sweep using this profile. It seems > > that > > > users must go then and create a new type for the wall sweep and select > the > > > loaded profile. I create a type in the family but it doesn't load. > > > > > > Is there an easier way to do this so once loaded the sweep is usable. > > > > > > -- > > > Rob Starz > > > Stardsign cad solutions > > > www.stardsign.com > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report