Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Structure Layer Thickness

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clausneergaard
1116 Views, 2 Replies

Wall Structure Layer Thickness

Hi,

I am using Revit Architecture 2011 - does anyone know if it's possible to extract information to a schedule about the thickness of each layer in a wall construction? I can get area and volume, but no thickness? Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance,

Claus

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Clark.Rob
in reply to: clausneergaard

Hi Claus

Reporting paramreters, as you may know do give us the capabality to taking overall wall thicknesses from something like a Window family.  However as far as I know, we can't isolate the compound wall layers in that.

I had a mess around with reporting parameters to try and get it too do what you wanted - my first idea was to use a beam family with a reporting parameter and snap it to the wall thicknesses, but I haven't as of yet been able to get it to work.

If anybody else can expand on that idea, go for it - its an intresting challenge this one. I'll keep trying.

Message 3 of 3
clausneergaard
in reply to: Clark.Rob

Bal,

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep working on it too - if I figure something out, I'll post it here.

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report