Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Schedules

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kate_vanhout
318 Views, 2 Replies

Wall Schedules

Is there an easy way of getting the height of a wall to show up in the wall schedule? If you click on the wall it will give you the height. This would make my light a whole lot easier instead of creating a wall height parameter and having to manually type it in each wall...  Thanks for you help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

There is no easy and accurate way to do it. There is an easy way but it is not accurate, which is to create a calculated value and make it work with Volume / (Width * Length) , but this will produce an incorrect height if the wall has opennings. There is another way that is super accurate but not easy, and that is to export the model to a database. Then, in a program such as Microsoft Access, in the table of Walls, there you will find a field with the exact height of the wall, regardless of the openings. Why is the Height of a wall not available as a built-in parameter in a schedule? I wish I knew.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
kate_vanhout
in reply to: kate_vanhout

I know right!? There are so many different reasons that information would be nice to have in the schedules. Seems like a no brainer! But thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report