Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
DParkGForce
Message 11 of 14 (197 Views)

Re: Wall Graphics-Plan

07-29-2011 09:31 AM in reply to: dtabor-hanson

On my screen the core is still showing as thicker  lines. The stud layer is anyway.  Some of the outer lines on the CMU-mtl stud wall type lose thickness but it appears to be gyp layers only which are thinner on the other wall types.

The question still remains, what is making those dots. It is like there is a small fillet at the corners drawn in a different line style than the rest of the wall componants.

Windows 7
RAC2012
*Expert Elite*
rosskirby
Message 12 of 14 (193 Views)

07-29-2011 09:42 AM in reply to: *Mike Maloney

Mike (or anyone), can you explain how you set up your wall types to have the core component different from the rest?  I think the answer is in there somewhere, but I can't figure that part out...

Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
*Expert Elite*
rosskirby
Message 13 of 14 (188 Views)

07-29-2011 11:11 AM in reply to: rosskirby

OK, since for some reason the forum won't let me edit my previous post, here goes:

The problem is a lack of consistency between your overrides in the Cut Line Styles settings and the Object Style settings.  In your Object Styles, you have the Projection lineweight set to 2, but in the Cut Line Styles settings, you have all of the functions (other than Structure [1]) set to 1.  If you change them to 2 here, then the dots go away. 

You apparently can't have a discrepancy between the two, since you can't override the Cut Line Styles of just the Structure [1] components without also affecting the others (Substrate [2], Thermal/Air Layer [3], etc.).  If you set all the non-structure components to a line weight of 2, then everything shows up as you intend for it to.

Hope that helps (see image below).

Capture.JPG

Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
dtabor-hanson
Message 14 of 14 (182 Views)

07-29-2011 11:51 AM in reply to: rosskirby

So the when I set them all to 2 it does look better. Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube