Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walkthrough with Light

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
arwahid.2010
2875 Views, 8 Replies

Walkthrough with Light

Hi all,

Please refer my walkthrough i have fixed wall and ceiling light fixtures and closed by wall ceiling and flooring,

when i am created walkthrough,

For rendering

i have selected interior artificial light only

quality best

sunset early morning 3am in india

But the problem is the lighting is not coming only plain walkthrough i can see..

is any other setup to be done ?

Regards

wahid

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ryan.duell
in reply to: arwahid.2010

Do you have an example image of the rendered example [versus the shaded example attached]?

You are choosing Export Walkthrough > Format > Visual Style > Rendering correct?

Image Example

Does the same issue occur when you render a standard still rendering of the same interior area?  Please let us know.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 9
arwahid.2010
in reply to: ryan.duell

Hi all,

I have tried this it is very Beautyful, But the Timing, Each Frame Takes 10-15 Minutes.

Thanking you

wahid

Message 4 of 9
ryan.duell

Rendered walkthroughs will take longer, as each frame is rendered.  You could use a process similar to the link below, should you have another computer to help render a different portion of the walkthrough:

Rendered Walkthroughs & Dividing up the Rendering Process

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 9
arwahid.2010

Message 6 of 9
jehna1.winger
in reply to: ryan.duell

I've had a similar problem.  I've created a walkthrough.  When I render still images from the model, all of the lights work.  When in the walkthrough, I have made sure to set the camera render settings for interior: sun and artificial lights.  But then when I export the walkthrough, choosing "rendering" as the output, none of the lights work in the walkthrough, so it's basically all black inside.  What am I missing??  Thanks

Message 7 of 9

Check if your camera is not in a wall.
You need to show it in plan and section to make sure, it will display the view despite being in a wall!
When you render, does it show the number of artificial lights? That's the easiest way to make sure that these are on.
Message 8 of 9
LBroesky
in reply to: jehna1.winger

Did you manage to figure out the issue with your model?  I'm having a similar issue... I'm not sure why the lights aren't turned on in the walkthrough, as when I render still images the lights work perfectly. I would really appreciate solutions you may have used to help sort this out!!

Thank you!!

Message 9 of 9
n01457339

Hey , i'm not sure if you're still looking for an answer to this problem but i'll leave a response should anyone else come looking.
In once you've clicked on your walk through, before you export it , if you look at the properties tab for said walk through and scroll through the options you'll see "Render". Click on that and change your sun/lighting settings similar to how you would do it for a still image render. (ie instead of lighting or sun setting being "exterior : sun only" switch to "interior :sun and artificial") 
let me know if this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report