Revit Architecture

*John
Message 1 of 5 (42 Views)

WRAPPING?

42 Views, 4 Replies
05-12-2004 02:18 AM
Does anyone know where I can find comprehensive info on wrapping properties Example: I have a 255mm thick slab with 25mm screed and 10mm floor finish. If I insert a door which has a cill/threshold that will seat onto the slab, I want the screed and floor finish to give way for the door cill and to butt up against the door cill. can anyone help me out? Thanks
*Aaron Rumple
Message 2 of 5 (40 Views)

Re: WRAPPING?

05-12-2004 06:07 AM in reply to: *John
One option - make the sill a floor hosted component which cuts the floor slab. "John" wrote in message news:40a1eb2e_2@newsprd01... > Does anyone know where I can find comprehensive info on wrapping properties > > Example: > > I have a 255mm thick slab with 25mm screed and 10mm floor finish. > If I insert a door which has a cill/threshold that will seat onto the slab, > I want the screed and floor finish to give way for the door cill and to butt > up against the door cill. > > can anyone help me out? > > Thanks > > > > >
*John
Message 3 of 5 (41 Views)

05-12-2004 07:52 AM in reply to: *John
How do I make the sill a floor hosted component? Sorry if I seem a bit stupid. Thanks "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:40a2221e$1_2@newsprd01... > One option - make the sill a floor hosted component which cuts the floor > slab. > > "John" wrote in message news:40a1eb2e_2@newsprd01... > > Does anyone know where I can find comprehensive info on wrapping > properties > > > > Example: > > > > I have a 255mm thick slab with 25mm screed and 10mm floor finish. > > If I insert a door which has a cill/threshold that will seat onto the > slab, > > I want the screed and floor finish to give way for the door cill and to > butt > > up against the door cill. > > > > can anyone help me out? > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > >
*Aaron Rumple
Message 4 of 5 (40 Views)

05-14-2004 06:02 AM in reply to: *John
Start with a generic model floor hosted template.... "John" wrote in message news:40a23a1a_3@newsprd01... > How do I make the sill a floor hosted component? > Sorry if I seem a bit stupid. > > Thanks > > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:40a2221e$1_2@newsprd01... > > One option - make the sill a floor hosted component which cuts the floor > > slab. > > > > "John" wrote in message news:40a1eb2e_2@newsprd01... > > > Does anyone know where I can find comprehensive info on wrapping > > properties > > > > > > Example: > > > > > > I have a 255mm thick slab with 25mm screed and 10mm floor finish. > > > If I insert a door which has a cill/threshold that will seat onto the > > slab, > > > I want the screed and floor finish to give way for the door cill and to > > butt > > > up against the door cill. > > > > > > can anyone help me out? > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
*John
Message 5 of 5 (42 Views)

05-14-2004 07:23 AM in reply to: *John
Thanks Aaron. Will give it a try. Regards John "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:40a4c3e0$1_2@newsprd01... > Start with a generic model floor hosted template.... > > "John" wrote in message news:40a23a1a_3@newsprd01... > > How do I make the sill a floor hosted component? > > Sorry if I seem a bit stupid. > > > > Thanks > > > > > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > > news:40a2221e$1_2@newsprd01... > > > One option - make the sill a floor hosted component which cuts the floor > > > slab. > > > > > > "John" wrote in message > news:40a1eb2e_2@newsprd01... > > > > Does anyone know where I can find comprehensive info on wrapping > > > properties > > > > > > > > Example: > > > > > > > > I have a 255mm thick slab with 25mm screed and 10mm floor finish. > > > > If I insert a door which has a cill/threshold that will seat onto the > > > slab, > > > > I want the screed and floor finish to give way for the door cill and > to > > > butt > > > > up against the door cill. > > > > > > > > can anyone help me out? > > > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube