Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORK LINE PROBLEM

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
421 Views, 11 Replies

WORK LINE PROBLEM

HI, can someone help me with this 3D perspective view.

there are some lines below the floor level. in section a can make them invisible using the work line but in this view i can't chose them.

is there a way of doing it or maybe im drawing the soil in a wrong way.

here is the link of the image:http://screencast.com/t/CBEpXAwn

thank..

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

As I can see in your screenshot you used  a Section Box

You can not change lines or put dimensions in a 3d view  Section Plane of the  Section Box.

If for dimensions there is a workaround to solve the problem, I don't know to  be one for overriding line styles in section plane.

But you can select the box and move up the bottom blue arrow till the anwanted base disapears...This ca  be done equaly in cilinder and conic perspectives...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

that is a good solution but cant use it couse i want to show the foundation.

any other way of try to sort it will be helpfull. 

thanks Constantin.

Message 4 of 12
constantin.stroescu

even in Perspective View , you can use Hide Elements....:

• select the border of the croped image > View > Hide in View > Hide Elements ( in your case this can be preferable to Category) - select what you wnat to hide

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 12

Dont know if i understand exactly what you are trying to do.

You should be able to use the "Linework" tool to modify the lines in your 3D section view, i just tested it and it works fine. You said you are trying to hide some lines below the floor? Which lines specifically? Can you post an image with the lines you wish to hide highlighted? 

And you can actually dimention in 3D views on any plane you want. You just have to set the workplane before you place the dimentions. 

Message 6 of 12

the problem is that you can not select the lines  from  the section plane of  the Section Box . You can select lines ,but not those from that plane.

In one of my previous post I make the assertion that it is also not posible to put dimensions in this plane , but i that case you can use a workaround....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 12

Again, still not sure if i am understanding what yoyu mean. From what you are saying, You think you cannot select the lines in the section plane from the section box to ovveride with the line work tool?

See attached image, in a 3D view, that has been "section boxed" i use the Linework tool to ovveride various elements lines which have been sectioned. Along with dimentioning on the section plane. Is this what you are trying to do or have i got the totally wrong idea? 

regards

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 8 of 12

the example shown by Wolverine 01 and his first post is a conical perpective (camera perspective ). Yours is a cylindrical (axonometry) perspective.

In cylindrical perspective , indead, that line style change can be done. In conical I didn't succed , unless accepting to change all entity lines.

At least , this happens to me.....Maybe , somewhere is a setting that in your case is active and in  mine's is not...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 9 of 12

Ahh i see, apologies, my mistake. 

I would save the time and effort (overkill), for this type of output, just use a normal 3D view oritentated to the section line. 

Camera views are used pretty much for that, a camera (to show what is awlread there) not for this type of editing. 

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

hi Constantin, hi Alisder. The problem is that i can't use the work line in the 3D camera view, if i want i can hide them but not i don't want to hide the element i just want to make the lines invisible. ill post 2 images to show you what i mean.

Aisder, you are right i can use the work line in the 3D view but not in the 3D section camera view.

here is the image that i want to fix, this is the 3D perspective view:http://screencast.com/t/DAxQaPwy

and this is the what i want to do but this is a section, you can notice the lines below the ground floor:http://screencast.com/t/b0TFaeWBx8Kh

you can see how clean the section is looking.

thanks

Message 11 of 12
Alisder.Brown

As constantine mentioned, this cannot be done in a camera view.

A camera view is used to display the building as it is modeled. If you want a 3D section AND you want to override individual linework using the "linework" tool, then you will have to generate a sectioned 3D view NOT a camera view. 

If it is absolutely essential that you use a CAMERA view then you will just need to model your elements correctly so you do not have to use the linework tool to correct the section. which will just add a lot of extra time onto your production. I recommend simply switching to a sectioned 3D view and working from there.

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

ok i will try it. 

thank. if i have any other question i will let you know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report