Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Void cuts error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JGuliker
464 Views, 7 Replies

Void cuts error

I have created a model in place of a column and trying to cut out a secion using a void. When I try to cut geomatry with the void the entire column disapears/deletes. Does anyone know what the solution is to this? Click this link to download the revit 2014 file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4bjj1igdi46lz2/Void%20Error.rvt 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Use Architecture > Opening by Face, instead of Void...you will can cut or perforate the column as you want 

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

There is not opening by face in the model-in-place family editor. the column is a model in place.

Message 4 of 8

Select your entity > Edit in Place > make a new Etrusion as Void >still in Edit in Place select Modify Extrusion >Cut >select the column and the void...

In order to make the void you must first draw a reference plane on wich to make extrusion...call the plane with a name in order to can choose it as work plane when you make the void extrusion..

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 8

Nope, still doesn't work.

I made a reference plane, gave it a name, and made a voide on that plane...still doesn't work. the entire model in place disapears.

Message 6 of 8

can you send a copy of your file without protection? so to can work on it....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

Maybe you sholuld make a try in a new file that works not with worksets activated...I don't know maybe you have a problem with the Central ....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 8 of 8

ok, If I lower the sweep path to extend into the lower half of the round void profile, then it does work, but if the sweep path is extended into the upper half of the round void profile then it does not work properly.. seems like a little glitch either in the software or the file???

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4bjj1igdi46lz2/Void%20Error.rvt 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report