Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility by Level in 3D View

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
SSStudio
7547 Views, 9 Replies

Visibility by Level in 3D View

Is there a way to set the visibility of elements in a 3D view according to the Level they are associated with?

The VG tab which opens the filter dialog provides a check box for the "Levels" category, and the relevant parameters are made available.

But I can not seem to create a filter rule which evaluates any of those parameters (name, elevation, etc...) to then isolate the visibility of those elements in the 3D view that either meet, or do not meet the criteria. Nothing seems to work.

To achieve a "similar" effect in a 3D view, I can use a Section Box, but that is a very clunky and imprecise way.

I can also create a Shared Parameter for "Level" and perhaps filter successfully that way, but that seems redundant with the Levels intelligence already established.

Am I missing something?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: SSStudio

The Levels check box in the filter dialog allows you to select Level elements that meet a certain criteria, but that has nothing to do with filtering the model elements associated to levels.

How about creating isometric views by level? Doesn't that give you the same result?

Cube menu > Orient to view > Level 1 > Orbit. Save view, then, repeat for the next level, etc...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 10
SSStudio
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks Alfredo!

That certainly works for me.

I appreciate your help.

Message 4 of 10

Thanks! this was exceptionally helpful, do you know if there is a way to put 3D levels on top of each other and make an axon drawing in revit? I've been trying this and it hasnt been successful. Thanks in advance
Message 5 of 10
loboarch
in reply to: cvarughese0305

@cvarughese0305 wrote:
Thanks! this was exceptionally helpful, do you know if there is a way to put 3D levels on top of each other and make an axon drawing in revit? I've been trying this and it hasnt been successful. Thanks in advance

This article outlines a technique to create a presentation like what I think you are describing.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/Community/Tips_and_Tricks/Views%2c_Visibility%2c_Graphics/Adj...

pulled_axon.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 6 of 10

As Jeff says , or if you have Revit 2014 you can use Displace Element function:

For this make a duplicate of your 3 d view, select one ore more model elements and from Modify/Multy Selesct >View>Displace Element....changes are made only in the selected view...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 7 of 10

The method I linked to might be a little easier than displaced views if doing an entire building.  Creating the displacement sets might be time consuming.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 8 of 10

I have to confess that in practice I am using your method because allows me to CUT the levels as I want.

Anyway the Displace Element improvement from Revit 2014 is very usefull when want to show how an element is composed from other subelements- for instance a 3d detail of an assemblage ( a node of wooden  post - beam for instance) explaining how the elements are  put together...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 9 of 10
pikukantha
in reply to: SSStudio

can you explan briefly?

Message 10 of 10
mariaZW9XM
in reply to: loboarch

Hi there,

The link does't work anymore. Where else can I find the explanation?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report