Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Views not showing up in plot.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
361 Views, 8 Replies

Views not showing up in plot.

Why wouldnt views show up in a plot?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sbrown
in reply to: Anonymous

do they have dwg's in them? do they show up in print preview? if so then its the memory in your plotter and you need to process in computer. Try printing raster also.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

They do not show up in print preview, but they do show up and look normal
before the print preview

wrote in message news:4987652@discussion.autodesk.com...
do they have dwg's in them? do they show up in print preview? if so then
its the memory in your plotter and you need to process in computer. Try
printing raster also.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

no ideas?

"AlmightySR" wrote in message
news:4987517@discussion.autodesk.com...
Why wouldnt views show up in a plot?
Message 5 of 9
sbrown

what are the views of? are they masses? if so you can see masses on the screen, but you have manually go to VV and turn them on for them to print. time to call support I think.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

They are not masses. They are views of line work and building parts

wrote in message news:4988725@discussion.autodesk.com...
what are the views of? are they masses? if so you can see masses on the
screen, but you have manually go to VV and turn them on for them to print.
time to call support I think.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I had a drafting view in Revit of AutoCAD text that was linked in from our general notes. Those notes looked great when looking at them on the sheet but wouldn't plot. After starring at the properties of the drafting view to try and understand why only this one particular view out of 30 or so wouldn't plot I clicked "wire frame" (it was set to hidden line). This made no sense as a cause for the view not plotting, after all it was just AutoCAD text on a single layer linked into a drafting view. But guess what? it plotted! Maybe this helps your situation.

Brian Beck
CAD Manager
Rainforth Grau Architects
Message 8 of 9
krmccurdy

If I understand correctly, the problem is only with linked DWG files. In the view where you have placed the DWG file (including every instance where it's been copied and pasted throughout the project after the initial link was made), click once on the DWG image. Look up at the top right hand corner of the screen and you'll see a pull down menu with either background or foreground showing. By default this is set to background every time you link in a DWG. It will not show up when you print. That is also why changing the view settings to wire frame works. You see "through" the blank sheet. Just set the toggle to foreground instead of background for each imported DWG and you'll be fine. Also, when you reload we have had trouble with this setting reverting back to background, so be weary. The wireframe setting may be the way to go if you don't want to have to worry about resetting the toggle each time you reload.
Message 9 of 9
krmccurdy

If I understand correctly, the problem is only with linked DWG files. In the view where you have placed the DWG file (including every instance where it's been copied and pasted throughout the project after the initial link was made), click once on the DWG image. Look up at the top right hand corner of the screen and you'll see a pull down menu with either background or foreground showing. By default this is set to background every time you link in a DWG. It will not show up when you print. That is also why changing the view settings to wire frame works. You see "through" the blank sheet. Just set the toggle to foreground instead of background for each imported DWG and you'll be fine. Also, when you reload we have had trouble with this setting reverting back to background, so be weary. The wireframe setting may be the way to go if you don't want to have to worry about resetting the toggle each time you reload.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report