Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
RudyBeuc
Message 1 of 3 (982 Views)

Viewbreaks, viewports & Sheets

982 Views, 2 Replies
02-10-2012 09:19 AM

So I've created this wall section and used viewbreaks to break the crop regios up so i can fit the final view on a sheet.

The problem is, when I place the broken up section on a sheet, the viewport does not break up like the view region. Pease see the attached file, Screenshot..

My question is? How do i break up the viewport on the sheet so I can squeeze the visable regions together?

Thanks,

Rudy Beuc

Employee
loboarch
Message 2 of 3 (969 Views)

Re: Viewbreaks, viewports & Sheets

02-10-2012 10:37 AM in reply to: RudyBeuc

I think you are missing one step after using the view break controls.  The view break will cut out a portion of the view but the pieces that remain are do not get moved closer to one another.

Once the view is broken there is a little arrow inside the crop region of the remaining parts.  it is sometimes hard to see because drawing elements obscure it.  You can use this arrow to move the portions of the view closer to gether so whn placed onto a sheet it will fit.

view_breaks.png

You can find more information on this process at the resizing crop regions page of the wikihelp.  The part that specifically mentions this is near the bottom of this page.

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
Valued Contributor
RudyBeuc
Message 3 of 3 (961 Views)

Re: Viewbreaks, viewports & Sheets

02-10-2012 12:53 PM in reply to: loboarch

Thanks, that did the trick. I do wish however that this break crop region functionality was available in two directions simultaneously.

Thanks,

Rudy Beuc

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube