Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View templates and filtering detail items

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dcormack
3836 Views, 4 Replies

View templates and filtering detail items

I have made up furniture for layout views using the metric detail item template. Probably too many in this model category but it was a short cut to acheiving presentation layouts. How can I now filter out certain detail items without zapping the rest. In this case it will be loose furniture but some fixed furniture is needed to remain visible in the next stage construction layout views. I want to do this by view template so that a) the view on sheet can be switched back to the presentation layout and b) keep the sheet as a revision rather than a new sheet.

Its not my prefered way of dong this but I am adapting to another architectural practices standard where sheet numbers are fixed and the layouts (GA's) retain the same number through sketch - tender - construction - as built stages (using a status sheet parameter and revision sequence)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dcormack
in reply to: dcormack

I think I may have answered this myself. In type props have added "sketch" to comments and the in view templates added a filter for category "Detail items" the rule filter by comments > equal to > "sketch" then add this to the filters and simply zap visibility!

Anyone care to add what should I have done in creating the detail family to control the object visibility without having to go into the complexity of V/G filters?

Message 3 of 5
CoreyDaun

It's hard to say that there is a "what you should have done" since there are a number of ways to do accomplish this, each one suiting another user better. Personally, I use View Filters extensively because they're very cusomizable and powerful.

An alternate method may be to place all of the "extra" furniture on a specific Workset or even a Design Option.

Another possible method (which would involve editing the Families) would be to make the "extra" Familys' Extrusion invisible at Detail Level: Fine. I use this method to hide sprinkler head coverages, occupancy sensor ranges, equipment clearances, etc. Then, on the Views, you can switch that Category to Detail Level: Fine under Visibility/Graphics Overrides to hide the unwanted elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
mschmieding
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This answer talks about furniture items like they were model furniture, and placing items on worksets, which is only possible for model elements. It does not seem to answer the question, which was about detail items.

Message 5 of 5
mschmieding

You can use View Filters to select Detail Items by name, and then make visible or halftone etc, using that filter. For example if all your furniture detail items names started with "FRN_" you can grab them with a filter and turn off the visibility checkmark. These filter can be included in view templates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report