Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View templates and detail lines

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dcormack
1595 Views, 1 Reply

View templates and detail lines

Has anyone found a way around this:

Detail lines have global view settings - you cannot change appearance with a View Template. The Detail Items V/G category doesnt seem to include detail lines.

It is often necessary to use detail lines to avoid the chore of mading up a family to represent simple objects in plan or section - eg complex fixed furnishings like counters and shelves. Then when it comes to doing a schematic electrical layout where I want everything greyed out except the electrical content, I can use V/G overrides on all family content but not the linework. I have to pick all this invidually and  then Override Graphics in View.

As with V/G template overrides, I dont want these overrides to permeate globally hence not changing line styles.

Any suggested workarounds please.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: dcormack

In the Visibility/Graphics Overrides dialog, look under Model Categories > Lines.  You should find the Line Styles you are using for Detail Lines listed there.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report