Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View template won't work in legend views

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1884 Views, 4 Replies

View template won't work in legend views

Hi,

I applied 7 filters to my project to distinguidh between all 7 types of walls used within the project. then I created a view template that has all 7 filters to override walls pattern I applied the view template to my 2 floor plans and I put both plans in one sheet , then I needed to add a wall legend to add to the sheet , so I started adding all 7 walls to the legend and then I applied the same view template , but the view template didn't work in the legend ( wall patterns won't show ).

Any ideas .

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, the view template settings that you applied for the walls in a model view will not work on the Legend. I assume it is because the legend is not really a model view.

Other ideas I've seen about a legend for wall types include:

• using a Revit link with all the wall types,
  • creating the sample wall types in a layer that happens before the Existing phase.

There might be other threads describing these methods in more detail.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
jvargasVQAXQ

I'm visiting this post from 2013... still not working on Revit 2021, is there any solution?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5

How about showing course detail level and setting colours to scale fill pattern override instead of using filters... and/or perhaps setting different fill colours (presumably) within those wall types and filter those out elsewhere (the other way around)... btw/fyi you can create a selection filter for legend elements to override background color, if you place two legend components, save selection, delete one and apply selection filter you will have background/foreground overrides that are not available using override graphics in view ie.

Message 5 of 5
ConstantineC

This is such a shame! Why does it still have the View Template settings then?

I wonder this hasn`t been adressed yet. Having a consistent view on all sheets is crucial.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report