Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
rlabib
Message 1 of 2 (245 Views)

View template won't work in legend views

245 Views, 1 Replies
03-05-2013 08:36 AM

Hi,

I applied 7 filters to my project to distinguidh between all 7 types of walls used within the project. then I created a view template that has all 7 filters to override walls pattern I applied the view template to my 2 floor plans and I put both plans in one sheet , then I needed to add a wall legend to add to the sheet , so I started adding all 7 walls to the legend and then I applied the same view template , but the view template didn't work in the legend ( wall patterns won't show ).

Any ideas .

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 2 (211 Views)

Re: View template won't work in legend views

03-05-2013 08:20 PM in reply to: rlabib

Yes, the view template settings that you applied for the walls in a model view will not work on the Legend. I assume it is because the legend is not really a model view.

Other ideas I've seen about a legend for wall types include:

• using a Revit link with all the wall types,
  • creating the sample wall types in a layer that happens before the Existing phase.

There might be other threads describing these methods in more detail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube