Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Templates

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hmunsell
727 Views, 3 Replies

View Templates

I have been setting up our company 2013 template and noticed something disconcerting. When applying VT’s, if a parameter is “Included” (like V/G Overrides Model), when you go back to your model and open VG Overrides, the visibility options are all locked out (greyed). It doesn’t seem to do it for everything, if I “Include” worksets in the VT and set it, the Worksets are still editable in my view.

Did I miss something…. 2012 didn’t do that (I checked). If I applied a VT in 2012 I could still modify the visibility settings in the view.

HJM

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: hmunsell

There was a change in this behavior in 2013.  A view template can now be assigned to a view and it basically locks the view.  You can still assign a view template like you did in 2012 and not maintain any link to the view template if you prefer that method.

Here is a link to a video showing this feature.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/community/videos/009_Document_and_Present_the_Project/Using_V...

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 4
loboarch

Oops.  Duplicate post.  editor hung so I was not sure if my first post made it.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 4
hmunsell

Ahhh, missed the part about the new “Views are Dependent” check box.

I noticed that if “Views are Dependent” is not checked, the view says <None> in the View template parameter of the View. Since a Template was applied when it was made, just not dependent, it would be nice to be able to acknowledge that somehow.

HJM

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report