Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Material tags in wall sections???

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
neumejd
1226 Views, 1 Reply

Using Material tags in wall sections???

When I edit a note on a material tag on a wall section it changes multiple tags. For instance I have a wall section with insulation in it and have placed detail components (2x4's) as top and tie plates. When I tag the insulation it shows a question mark, I edit the question mark to the desired insulation note no problems. However when I go to tag the top and tie plates they come in with the same note as the insulation. When I edit the note for the top plate it changes the insulation as well. How do I keep this from happening???  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: neumejd

If you use a Material Tag, the Material itself must contain a description and/or Mark so the Material Tag can pick it up.

You could also use a Keynote by Material or Keynote by Element to annotate the Wood Blocking Detail Component.

You need to specify the Keynote value in the Properties of the Detail Component.

The Insulation ( I'm assuming you used the Batt Insulation tool? ) will be a problem to tag automatically.

We have used a Detail Component Line family to run vertically at the face of the stud to "fake" the insulation tag.

The Batt Insulation tool needs to be replaced altogether with a Fill Pattern which can be applied within the Material

of the Wall itself. But no one has been able to come up with a .pat file that looks exactly like the Batt Insulation symbol,

so we still end up chasing it around as a 2D drafting element......LOL

cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report