Revit Architecture

sandovala
Message 1 of 3 (376 Views)

Using Formulas in Revit

376 Views, 2 Replies
10-13-2004 11:20 AM
Does anybody know of how to use formulas in Revit, for example, if I wanted to extablish a price per square foot, for a wall, or floor. How do I do it so that Revit recognizes it in the schedule. Thanks
*Steve Burri
Message 2 of 3 (376 Views)

Re: Using Formulas in Revit

10-13-2004 05:17 PM in reply to: sandovala
Walls already have a "Cost" Parameter built in. If you'd like, you can interpret this as a "Cost/SF" and simply schedule it... If you now want to calculate a total cost based on wall are, you can add a calculated value to your schedule... the trick here is to make sure your units match. So since the Cost paramter in the wall is a "Number" parameter (unitless), and area as a unit of Square Feet, you need to cancel out the Square Feet in the formula. Note that "Total Cost equals Cost times (Area divided by 1 foot times 1 foot)" . The 1 foot times 1 foot nullifies the Square Feet of the Area parameter so that the entire equation is unitless, allowing for virtually any value to be calculated... I've attached the project as well. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc Client Support Manager - Revit "sandovala" wrote in message news:4094937.1097691639504.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Does anybody know of how to use formulas in Revit, for example, if I wanted to extablish a price per square foot, for a wall, or floor. How do I do it so that Revit recognizes it in the schedule. Thanks Attachment not added (too many attachments): "Image2.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "Image4.gif" Attachment not added (too many attachments): "Project1.rvt"
sandovala
Message 3 of 3 (376 Views)

Re: Using Formulas in Revit

10-14-2004 06:30 AM in reply to: sandovala
Thanks for the help, I tried the formula, and it seemed to work.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube