Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Custom Material Libraries in Revit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MarkDT
882 Views, 1 Reply

Using Custom Material Libraries in Revit

Hi,

My company use a shared material library which is great because we can standardize the materials we use throughout projects. However if a colleague creates a new material and we wish to add it to the shared library then this can only happen when all other users close Revit as we get the following error message.

Material Error.PNG

I was wondering whether there is a method to allowing multiple changes to materials at once and which then save back, almost like creating a material central file. Any ideas on this please...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: MarkDT

At this time, there is not a way to have multiple user create new materials in a shared library at the same time.

To request a change to this functionality, this link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report