Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use for more than just the building construcion?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
86 Views, 0 Replies

Use for more than just the building construcion?

I am in charge of scoping out software for our company's CAD staff. As of now, we have been working with "vanilla" AutoCAD, but are willing to consider better alternatives if they exist... I see Revit maturing as a viable possibility, but would like some feedback from those who have experience in extending use of the software beyond the building itself.

To illustrate what I need the software to do, is in addition to constructing a building, we need to layout retail fixtures that can take into account all the various parts and sizes. This would have to work for several different fixturing types such as pallet racking and the light duty shelving as well as others.

Will it work? If so, how difficult would it be to set up? Also, we need to maintain a single plan for several store modifications (i.e. code in one city might require an additional door where we typically fixture over or one might use an old style of lighting). One last question, how good is it at wiring schematics?

Thanks in advance for all honest feedback.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report