Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Viewing design options

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
rlabib
14130 Views, 13 Replies

Urgent: Viewing design options

I'm working in a project that has 4 different options setup. I would like to be able to view each option with all walls in black. Currently I see some walls grayed out ( the primary walls) and some in black ?????

Thanks in Advance

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
derrickmoore
in reply to: rlabib

Set them on the design options tab in visibilty/graphics

Message 3 of 14
rlabib
in reply to: derrickmoore

I did that in the VG box under the design options tab , I still see some of the walls grayed out , I forgot to mention that options I have are option sets under one option, that's how my co-worker set it up.

Message 4 of 14
rlabib

Here is an attached image , I'm sorry for confusing you , I didn't mean the walls are grayed out , but they are drawn in thin lines , plus wall joints don't clean-up as shown in the image , an existing wall won't join with a new wall drawn in the design option

Message 5 of 14
AJA14

Hi. Make sure that your are drawing them in the correct design option (See primary option set for design).

You need to draw the walls in both design options if they are in the same location. (Just a reminder).

Check whether the thick walls are in the design option you are currently modeling in.

Don't think this answers the question but may trigger something.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 6 of 14
cvandevere
in reply to: AJA14

What is the Phase Filter set to? Try setting it Show Complete if it is not.

CDV
Message 7 of 14
dshaff3

I was having a similar problem but in a 3d interior view. The main model is halftoned or underlayed when in a design option. There is a setting somewhere in revit that controls this but i can't find it. Workaround: Go to Manage - Additional Settings - Halftone / Underlay - Brightness (change to 100) default setting is 50. be sure to change your settings back after you are done.
Message 8 of 14
jake

I didn't find an answer to this but figured out a solution so figured it was worth posting.

1- Create a view that will be dedicated to the design option

2- Leave the "design option" panel set to "Main Model"

3- Open v/g

4- On the design option tab select the design option you would like the view to display

Message 9 of 14
barthbradley

@rlabib wrote:

Here is an attached image , I'm sorry for confusing you , I didn't mean the walls are grayed out , but they are drawn in thin lines , plus wall joints don't clean-up as shown in the image , an existing wall won't join with a new wall drawn in the design option

There seems to be some confusion on how to set up views to display design options. First of all, as has been pointed out, you set the design option you want to show in the view through the Design Options tab under Visibility and Graphics; changing "Automatic" to the name of the Design Option you want to view. Also, this will not "clean-up" wall joins. You're going to still see a recognizable delineation between objects in the permanent model and objects in the design option model. Regarding the "graying out" you're describing, I think all the possible explanations have been suggested here. It's either Phase/Phase Filter settings, or Custom VG settings (halftone?). 

Message 10 of 14
Corsten.Au

phase.JPG

There are multiple parameters / settings which plays role in how the view looks. these are the graphics overrides which are default..

apart from that following are the settings which affects the view..

1. Design Option

option.JPG

2. Design option ( current set in VG )

option in vg.JPG

3. Model components modelled in various phases,

ex: existing phase will show greyed out,

demolished in hidden lines etc

4. Phase set for the current view..

phase1.JPG

5. and then VG settings..

6. ( workset, view filters etc can be affecting the view as well, but usually whoever sets it should convey that.  )

Am sure you will find the solution in one of these settings..

It will be a good idea to name the view as per " Design Option" "  phase if applicable " and lock it..

Cheers!

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 11 of 14
kyllarodriguez
in reply to: cvandevere

I don't seem to get the difference between "show all" and "show complete". this worked for me. thank you!

Message 12 of 14
Corsten.Au
in reply to: kyllarodriguez

Difference between show all and show complete...

1. Show all

a. Existing phase: will show in GREY

b. New Phase : will show in Default

c. Demolishing" will show in RED ( dotted lines )

2. Show complete

a. This will show everything in Default final design.. 

( without grey for existing and without red for demolish )

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 13 of 14
kyllarodriguez
in reply to: Corsten.Au

Thank you so much!

Message 14 of 14
Base12

I'm new to using Design Options, and I was having the same everything "grayed-out" problem, and went through all of the options listed here and none of it was fixing it for me.  This project is all new construction so there were no phases to consider.  What I found was the problem for me was when everything was grayed out, (except for the items in that option), was Revit was still in the "Edit Design Option" mode because either Option-1, or Option-2 etc was still selected in the Design Options panel.  Simply changing the drop down back to "Main Model" cured all my display woes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report