Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Release 3 for 2015

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
Chris.Aquino
4250 Views, 18 Replies

Update Release 3 for 2015

The full pages for Update Release 3 for Revit 2015 have been posted to the Autodesk Knowledge Network. The pages including the Read Me's can be found below:

Revit 2015

Revit Architecture 2015

Revit MEP 2015

Revit Structure 2015

Revit LT 2015

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
DarrenP
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

any way we can get a list of what this fixes since this isn't showing in the App manager yet

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 19
Tony_Michniewicz
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren

Here are links to the release notes for UR3:

http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/2015RVT_RTM/UR3/Enhancements_List_RLT_2015_UR3.pdf

http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/2015RVT_RTM/UR3/Enhancements_List_RVT_2015_UR3.pdf

Also, if all goes well, the individual download pages for each version of Revit 2015 UR3 should be available later this evening.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 4 of 19
DarrenP
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

thanks

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 19

Hi,

I tried updating to Update Release 3 multiple times. But everytime after the update a get a program crash when loading any file (or creating a new one).

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

P.S. My installed version is Revit Building Design Suite 2015 (update 1)

Thanks for the answer

Heinz

Message 6 of 19

Hello Heinz

To clarify, did the installation of Update Release 3 complete successfully?  If so, when you launch a session of Revit and goto the About dialog, does it list the build as 20140606_1530(x64) Update Release 3?  If not, what error message is displayed when the installation of Update Release 3 fails?

Also, have you submitted error reports for the crashes that occur when loading existing file or creating new files?  If so, what email address did you provide in the CER dialog?  This information will allow me to look up the crash reports, which may help to identify the cause.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 7 of 19

Hello Tony,

Thanks for your quick reply. 

- The install was successfull

- Yes it does list the right build number

- Following message appears (translated from German): There is a problem which can´t be solved. The program will be closed. All data was saved. You needn´t create a recovery file

- I sent multiple error reports under mail1.pngand also one a minute ago under mail2.png with the refference CER_99117978

Thanks for your help!

Heinz

Message 8 of 19

Hello Heinz

I found your crash report and it looks like the underlying cause is missing installation files.  Based on this information, my suggestion would be to repair your installation of Revit 2015.  This action should restore any missing installation files, which should in turn resolve the crashes you are experiencing.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 9 of 19

Hello Tony,

I tried your suggestion. I repaired the installation before and after the update. It didn´t solve the problem. Do you have any other ideas? What files are missing? Is it possible to manually add them?

Thanks for your help

Heinz

Message 10 of 19

Hello Heinz

Unfortunately the error report doesn't identify which files are missing, which means my next suggestion would be to uninstall and reinstall Revit 2015.  When doing so, I recommend installing the original vesrion of Revit 2015 and verify that it launches successfully before apply Update Release 3.  Once you've confirmed that the original version of Revit 2015 is running, then I would apply Update Release 3 and see if it continues to work or if you encounter the same problem again.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 11 of 19

Hello Tony,

already tried it multiple times. Without Update 3 everything works perfekt after installing update 3 Revit crashes all the time and is useless (so I have to deinstall and reinstall it totally)

Any other suggestions?

Heinz

Message 12 of 19

Hi Heinz

I took a closer look at your crash report and the only thing that jumped out at me was your video drivers, which are newer than the Autodesk certified version.  I also noticed that your crashes occur while Revit is generating views so I'm thinking this crash may be related to graphics settings.  My next suggestion would be to launch a session of Revit and before opening or creating a project, acccess the Options dialog and disable the "Use Hardware Acceleration (Direct3D)" option in the Graphics section.  After that, I would exit, then restart Revit and see if you can successfully open a project.

My other suggestion would be to roll back your video drivers to the Autodesk certified version, which is 312.69 according to this page: http://www.autodesk.de/adsk/servlet/syscert/card?siteID=403786&catID=18434017&id=19240471&product=11...

And here is the link to download the certified drivers: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/gjde49ww.exe

I hope this helps but if not, let me know and I can continue my investigation.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 13 of 19

Hi Tony,

thanks for your time. Sorry but again it didn´t work. I think you´re right with the graphics! I realised after the update I can´t click on the graphics option panel, or to be more detailed, I click at the graphics panel and Revit shows me a different panel (look at attached file).

I tried your solutions:

1. installing the certified driver:

Got same problem, also the driver is for a Think Pad, I have a Dell machine...

2. Turned all hardware accelations before the update off (Direct3D, Anti-Alising..), restarted revit, updated, but then couldn´t check the settings because they are no longer available (like attached picture):

Got same problem (with DELL video driver)  

Message 14 of 19

Hi Heinz

The image you posted is very strange and not something that I've seen before.  This definitely indicates that there is a problem but what is causing the problem is the real question.  I'm hoping the answers to some of these questions might help us identify the cause:

1. Are you running a German version of Revit 2015 or an English vesrion with the German language pack?
  2. Are you using an German or English version of Windows 7?
  3. Do you have any other Autodesk products installed on this system?  If so, which?
  4. Are there any Revit 2015 additions or extensions installed on this system?  If so, which?

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 15 of 19

Hi Tony,

following aswers to your questions:

1. I think I´m running a German version because I can´t change the language from German to English and the installer is also German.

2. I´m using a German version of Windows 7

3. I´ve installed Building Design Suite Premium (a screenshot of my Autodesk products is attached) 

4. I´ve installed Revit Lookup and AddIn Manager for 2015 (I´ve also tried to delete all addin manifests before the update which didn´t make a difference)

Thanks for your help

Heinz 

Message 16 of 19

Hello Heinz

I ran through a few scenarios but still have not been able to reproduce this problem.  After a closer look at your error reports, it appears that the Revit is crashing while attempting to display the Properties Palette.  With that in mind, my next suggestion would be to delete the following file, then launch Revit (with UR3 installed) and see if it launches successfully:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2015\UIState.dat

There is a chance that this file is corrupted and it will be recompiled the next time you launch Revit.  By the way, this file is created the first time a user launches Revit and not during the installation of Revit.  Therefore it is not uninstalled along with Revit, which could lead to a scenario where the corrupt file remains in place even after uninstalling and reinstalling Revit.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 17 of 19

Hello Tony,

tried your solution. It doesn´t make a difference, the problem still remains. Also the UIState.dat is not recreated.

Heinz Stadler

Message 18 of 19

Update Release 6 for 2015 is available
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 19 of 19

Update Release 7 is now available

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report