Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import Point Cloud (.fls) file in Revit 2012

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
BIMAbhi
5675 Views, 10 Replies

Unable to import Point Cloud (.fls) file in Revit 2012

Hi,

We are trying to import Point Cloud files having extension .fls into Revit 2012 but are unable to do so. We have attached the screen shots of the messages that we are getting while importing. We have the trial version of Revit Architecture 2012 and need to import the files so that we can convert them to rvt files..

Please suggest at the earliest.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: BIMAbhi

Sorry you're having an issue with this functionality.  This type of error often is tied to the version of the FARO SDK that is installed on your machine.  If you go to your Add/Remove Programs dialog in Windows, you will see a version of the FARO SDK.

Can you post the version of the SDK that you have installed on your machine?

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11
BIMAbhi
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

We cannot see the FARO SDK in the Add/Remove programs dialog box. Can we will install this software individually then please let us know the link from where we can download and install.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 4 of 11
KyleB_Autodesk

You can download it here.  Uncompress, install the MSI, and you should be good to go.

Cheers,

Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11
BIMAbhi

We have installed the FARO LS1.1.406.58 (Faro Scanner Production). But when we import the point cloud file (.fls file) the indexing can not complete and an error massege is appearing.I have attached the  Error.jpg. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 6 of 11
KyleB_Autodesk

My apologies, somehow I uploaded an incomplete version of the SDK installer, which was linked in my previous post.  If you downloafd the file again, you should get the full updated SDK, wich should solve this issue.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 11
kmarchant

Is the above file still the updated version? I am trying to work with some FLS files in 2012 and getting errors.. 

Message 8 of 11
austinryan
in reply to: kmarchant

I am hav
Message 9 of 11
paservank

Years later and you are still helping people without even trying!  Thanks for the link - it made everything shiny again!

Message 10 of 11
djduxa

Hi,

I have the same problem with importing Point Cloud files having extension *.ptg, *.ptz (exported from Leica Cyclone) into Revit 2012 (an error as in the screenshots attached by RNDPIS). Files having extension  *.ptx imported without any problems...

Please help with this problem.

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english (google translator)...

Message 11 of 11
fmoser

Have you been able to get this resolved? I am having the same trouble. I am at Revit Architecture Suite 2012 and AutoCAD 2011.

I cannot get logged into the Autodesk Subscription Center for either my Revit and/or AutoCAD updates, or, for support.

Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report