Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT! Circular Chain Of References, can't open file.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
deeRbee
835 Views, 4 Replies

URGENT! Circular Chain Of References, can't open file.

I have a work set file which cannot open. A dialog box with 'Circular Chain of References' appears. When I expand the dialog box, the option to delete the errors are grayed out. They are issues to do with a floor plan, including a filled region and detail lines. 

I have been working on this file everyday, so it's been saved and opened constantly, yet even the backed up files from over a week ago have the same error message. Even file which are detached from the central. 

What are the steps I need to take to resolve this issue?

Kind Regards

David.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: deeRbee

There's some kind of conflict between one (or more) of the borders of the sketch of a filled region and whatever you originally aligned/constrained it to.  Just check the box next to one of the items and delete it.  It's just a filled region and/or detail line.  It can't take that long to recreate...

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 5
deeRbee
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I cannot open the file to delete the lines and region, and the dialog box flagging up the issues is greyed out.

Any other suggestions?
Regards db
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: deeRbee

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious, - but have you tried ticking the box adjacent to the error first ? the delete option is normally greyed out until one of the errors is actually checked (not just highlighted - the box needs to be checked).

Martin

Message 5 of 5
deeRbee
in reply to: Anonymous

Oh I've tried every possible option, many many times. Ticked and un-ticked, opened back up after back up, but all have the same issue. A 10 million project on hold, because a file cannot be opened because of a line and a region. I fear it may be something to do with Revit 14, pre service pack. The file is currently in the hands of Autodesk, so hopefully they can access the file and delete the **** things. Un-nerving times.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report